Sunday, June 11, 2006

Cardoon!! I saw you standing alone!!

Ok, well that was an experiment.

I deleaved and cleaned the Cardoon, cut it into 2 inch pieces and boiled them in lemon juice and salt for 30 minutes. I then put them in a pan, made a bechemel sauce with mustard powder and salt, covered the piece with the sauce and topped with Cheddar cheese, then baked at 375 for 15 minutes.

Well, the flavor is, how do I say, off. I usually like off flavors, but this one did not say to me "its pretty ok". It said "what the hell are you eating me for, jerk".

So, my motto being "I will try anything 3 or 4 times (not liver, don't like the liver eww uckk arrgh), I will do some more study of this plant and dishes and try one more time!!

2 Comments:

At June 11, 2006 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Love those veggies. They sure were huge. Were those kids jeans that those legs are on. How did they do that?

 
At July 09, 2006 12:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love that comment. Hey, you haven't posted on here, in a while. What's up with that?! We need to hear about the tomato soup.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home