Monday, May 22, 2006

FOOD CLUB!!!! YEA!!!

This time next year i will be so busy with the club i won't know what to do, in the mean time....

Saturday I made a jambalaya, it used andouille sausage that i had my fiance send up from Tip Top meats in carlsbad, Ca. The flavor was nice and well rounded. The rice was a little mushy. but all in all it was a great dish.

The only person to show was Dawn (who works at the hospital), she brought over some thai food that was pretty good. There was a nice peanut sauce, that IMHO could have had more heat!!

Her daughter loved my cats, and even thought Dark star (the large male) was pregnant, i said he was just fat.

I hope to have another meeting next month with more people, i think i will plan it for the day of the opening of the farmers market. We can do a tour and pick some fresh ingredients for cooking.

Sunday i made a clam chowder out of the clams and juice the guys upstairs gave me, it came out really good (except i let it come to a boil which curdled the milk a little, so it had a slight bumpy look).

Tonight, i made the jambalaya again. This time i made the vegetables a little chunkier and added 2 jalepeno's and 1 habenaro to kick the heat up a little. (BAM!!)


2 Comments:

At June 09, 2006 1:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jambalaya is one of my most favorite things to make and eat. Looks delicious!

 
At June 17, 2006 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks great! The only time I've ever tasted cajun food was while I was living in Portland, a couple of years ago. There was a cajun hole in the wall, across the street from where I worked. Mmmm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home