Monday, July 17, 2006

Finally!!!!

Aki from Ideas in Food tapped me for the following meme:

My thought in this meme is food items or events that changed your foodie life. Not some oh, its the first time I didnt put jelly on a peanut butter sandwich and used bananas instead sort of change, unless you truly feel that affected you profoundly. Thats the key - it affected you profoundly, in some manner. A moment you can look back at and say that was a defining moment. The questions are simple, the answers might be harder - an item, person, event, or place that had that effect on you, and why. They dont have to be big splashy things - sometimes its something very small and simple that changes the way we view the world - the famed butterfly effect (and Im not talking about the Aston Kutcher movie). So, to those who want to participate, copy this and pass it on (and, if youre so inclined, do a trackback to the originating post). Here are your categories:

1. An ingredient
2. A dish, a recipe
3. A meal (in a restaurant, a home, or elsewhere)
4. A cookbook or other written work
5. A food personality (chef, writer, etc.)
6. Another person in your life

1. Hops. I would have to say this was the ingredient that changed my life. I was learning to brew beer with a friend of mine and after making a stout, we made an IPA. We used Cascade hops and after tasting the hops before adding them to the tea, it was exquisite!!

2. WoW, so many to choose from, from the chicken biryani i had in Bahrain to PHO soup (and to mention the simple cauliflower soup i make). Like music its hard to pick a fatheire because thier is so much to choose from, food sings to me!!

3. I spent 50 bucks to have racrestaurantin a resturaunt ( a little over $100 with my wifes meal also) in LA once, the place settings were extravagant and there were 6 servers for our party! But, the lamb had very littlvegetables the vegitables and potatoes Iere something i could have whipped up in 10 minutes. This experience made me realize that good food with lots of flavor could be had without pretention. (this night was saved because we then went to see Kids in the hall live!!).

4. OI so manI, but i guess i would have to say Vegetable Love, it has given me many thivegetables with vegavegetarian any vegitarian book has!!

5. This one is sooooo easy, Alton Brown, he presents cooking in a simple and entertaining matter and does very well to present recipes!!

6. My second wife (sorry Suzy), she is the one that first started me in cooking. She loved my food when I made it (although this did not stop her from being unfaithful), i started my love for cooking because of her! Now with my fiance' Suzy I wanted to create food that pleases her and makes her happy!

1 Comments:

At August 12, 2006 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#6 -> you're such a sweet guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home